Aftercare for Eyelash Extensions
- Don’t wet your eyelashes for 24 hours after your procedure. This will give the glue an appropriate amount of time to cure.This means you should also avoid steam rooms / saunas and swimming during that period.
- Do not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. A water soluble mascara or one designed specifically for eyelash extensions is fine to use, although you’ll probably find that you no longer require mascara.
- Lint free applicators to remove makeup by working gently around the eyelashes.
- Do not use cleansers, makeup removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes.
- Do not rub your eyes, instead you should get used to patting your eyes gently which is in fact much better for the eyelashes and the sensitive skin around the eyes.
- Be careful not to get your eyelashes caught on clothes when you’re dressing and undressing or towels when you’ve showered.
- Avoid hot ovens. Allow heat to escape from oven before reaching in.
- Never pull your eyelash extension off as it will pull out your natural eyelash.If you want them removed contact Lovely Lashes for our professional eyelash removal service.
- Do not perm or tint your eyelash extensions.
- Do not use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
- Book your next eyelash refill at 2 weeks – a maximum of 4 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.
Lash Removal is for those clients that decided to lash extensions for just a special occasion or for that client that needs to take a break. However, if Eyelash Extensions are done correctly a client should never have to give their lashes a break. Eyelash extensions done by a licensed salon with licensed technicians should be able to keep lashes on as long as they would like and keep healthy lashes. Lash Removal must be done correctly with the correct product to ensure the safety of the existing lashes. Clients must not try and do themselves.
A Lash Removal can take as little as 15 minutes to do or as long as an hour. Some clients come in with products such as cluster lashes which are not true eyelash extensions. This Lash removal is done with care to make sure the natural lash is healthy. Cluster lashes are great for a few days and only meant to be on for a few days. Some salons put cluster lashes on with Eyelash Extension Glue and this is not correct and it is bad for the lashes. We remove the Lashes with a professional remover and do it carefully to ensure the safety of the eyelashes. The client lays down for this and when done with the lash removal process, the client is to rinse right away to make sure they have the entire product off the eye.